Monday, April 4, 2016

Easter Sunday on Cape Cod

Having grown up on Cape Cod, weekends I go home are surprisingly few and far between given that it's only an hour and a half away. Time at home is always special and Easter Weekend was no exception. We shared a beautiful family dinner on Saturday night complete with a game of setback until 3AM. And Sunday brought a new adventure.

 



 On Sunday we had planned a beach hike and my mom had the perfect spot to take us. I have been on several beach walks, nature trails, hikes on Cape Cod but I couldn't believe that I had never hiked this area before! The rolling dunes were incredible and the adventure of picking which way to hike and exploring several dune shacks were intriguing. I was in awe with the beauty of this place. I also couldn't believe that I spent my life growing up on Cape and had never explored this location!


 




 




The short name for the area would be Provincetown Dunes and the official name is Dune Shacks of Peaked Hill Bars Historic District.  For some more information about the area head on over to The Outbound to check it out!



1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful Easter we had. Can't wait to do that hike someday soon!

    ReplyDelete